Given our trip to Paris and Istanbul, its going to be a busy summer! We're taking weekend trips to Hershey for David's retirement and to Ithaca for a Cornell reunion. We are also going Canadohta Lake in July as well as our yearly Ocean City Beach trip at the end of August. As soon as we get back from the beach, Luke starts Kindergarten! I'm looking forward to enjoying the summer. Next thing you know, the baby will be here!
Now that I am feeling better and thinking more clearly, however, I'm realizing how much I have to do! We need to do some furniture re-arranging to accomodate the baby's room and a new guest room. We'd like to paint both Luke's room and the baby's new room. We need to get Luke a new bed, and I promised him he could help pick out the 'theme' of his new room. His room still has the decor from when he was a baby, so its time to redo that. We don't have any baby stuff anymore. We gave it all away, or its outdated now (believe it or not, a lot changes in 6 years!).
Somehow with all our travel this summer, I need to get a lot accomplished at work. I'm running a research program that is new for the University and as a result there are a lot of roadblocks to getting it accomplished. I'm now embarking on an entirely new model during the last year of the grant. I need to start wrapping up the earlier parts of the work, including writing several manuscripts that are proving difficult to get out. I need to keep my master's student on track, and her project has turned out more difficult than anticipated. I also need to seek additional funding so that I can keep my technicians after this grant ends in the fall of 2013. That is key.
No pressure, or anything! It will still be a fun summer, guaranteed! I feel better just writing everything down! :-)
5.18.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment