1.06.2015

First Snow

We got the first real snow of the season today.  And it was also Caroline's first time playing in the snow!  She was too young last winter and wasn't walking yet either.  

It was Luke's idea to go out in the snow before dinner.  I didn't want to (too cold).  Caroline wasn't sure about the snow pants.  Once she saw Luke put his on, she let me put hers on.  Once her outfit was assembled, she wasn't sure about the whole thing.  I warned Luke that she may only last a few minutes (how wrong I was).  Here they are before heading out:


Caroline's first foray into the back yard:


She (surprisingly) laid down in the snow and liked it!





You can see below that it is starting to get dark.  I couldn't get her to go inside!  45 minutes later, I had to carry a screaming back-arching little Magdalena inside!!  She cried for a good 10 minutes, very dramatic of course.



Unable to get up from the snow drift, ala Ralphie's little brother from A Christmas Story.  She is laughing at the snow on her face in this picture, not crying!


Here are some video clips of the kids:


No comments: