8.29.2010

Idewild

My mom and I took Luke to Idewild Park today to celebrate the end of summer. It was a perfect day to go because it was basically empty since all the schools are back in session. I haven't been to Idewild since I was a little kid, so this was definitely a walk down memory lane for me. I've wanted to share this experience with Luke since moving back to Pittsburgh several years ago, and we finally made it. I remember Storybook Forest from when I was little. It wasn't exactly how I remembered it, but Luke liked it! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...











Luke's favorite ride was the hand-cranked train above. He rode this 4 or 5 times and insisted that he could do it all by himself. Which he did, albeit kind of slowly!! He was the picture of determination while on the ride (you can see how hard he is concentrating and trying by the look on his face). Then as soon as he got off he said "I wanna do dat again!"

1 comment:

grandma seman said...

Luke is a such a "little boy" ! He is enthralled by anything on wheels and he absolutely will not waste his time-he goes straight to what he likes. Yesterday he would not ride the tea cups, boats, whip, etc. It was all wheels, all the time - the hand cranked train, Mr. Rodger's trolley, the big train, etc.